Friday, September 04, 2009

Identifying One's Self

A few months ago my cousin, Christine, approached me with a request.  She will soon be graduating from college and applying for jobs.  She asked me to create an identity for her, a trademark that encompasses everything she is and what she has to offer, to be used on letterheads and business cards.

The challenge with this project was confining my design to something that could be used in a world that did not involve art as well as capturing Christine's dynamic personality.  It had to be serious and refined, unlike something I would create for a design position, where your resume is a work of art in itself. I started to explore the idea of monograms. Christine works hard and plays hard.  She is strong, sophisticated and gregarious.  I've never met a girl who could make friends so easily.  She walks in a room and everyone immediately falls in love with her.  

The organic, filigree captures her flirty personality and social tendencies.  The cleanness of the final business card (not shown) characterizes her sophistication and no-nonsense approach to a situation, this girl is all business.  

No comments:

Post a Comment