Wednesday, April 01, 2009

TribeMind Records


I just wanted to write a quick post about the project I just finished, the TribeMind Records website.   

The music is a mix of electronica, funk and experimental.  I was truly inspired the pieces this company is producing as well as president, Yuri Long's clear vision of how he wanted the site to look and feel.  We decided on a color pallet of reds and blacks.  He was inspired by Bauhaus design and Industrialism.  This input showed a world of design that I had never focused on before.  It opened my mind to new ideas and styles for which I am truly grateful.   

Not only was the design process a challenge, but I was designing the site in a completely different way than I ever had before.  I was learning new code and experimenting with new styles in CSS.  It was indeed an experience, but what projects aren't a challenge?  

Anyway, please check out the site if you haven't already.   I'm very proud of it and maybe it will open your mind to new music and new discoveries as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment